Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

1.04.2009

First time Swimming at the Y

Tonight we took Maya to open swim at the YMCA. We are also thinking about joining. We used a guess pass tonight, but she starts Aqua Babies this next thursday. She loved the water tonight. In the locker room as I was taking her clothes off, she started to get really excited like when we give her a bath. She always takes deep breaths and kicks her legs and turns her head really quickly back and forth looking around. We sat her on the side and she kicked her little legs in the water right away. She got a little scared a few times, but once she was acclimated we put her on her belly and she was kicking her legs in the water. She realized she could put her hands down in it and she started splashing with her hands. Then a little kid shot her in the face with a water gun and she wasn't so happy, but she recovered quickly. I tried to be careful not to get her ears wet since she has had so many ear infections.Foggy camera lens! She was so interested at first, watching all the people swim.

Kicking feet on her belly.

I like the water Mom!

Dad makes swimming so fun!

Check out my polka dotted butt!



Climbing on Dad!

Backstroke with Mommy!




And then I HAD to include these two pics of the TIRED swimmer lounging on Dad's lap at home afterwards. Deeds took liberty to lay close to Maya and Bryan. They were all watching Baby Einstein Lullabies with Maya's favorite puppet, Lamby.




Put me to bed!!!!!




5 comments:

Erica said...

SOoooo cute. Sounds like a fun idea for these dreary winter days when you can no longer stay inside anymore!

Anonymous said...

Too cute Alissa! I loved her suit and yours looks like a former guard suit, maybe from 2000? LOL

Maya's purple puppy pajamas are great, don't you wish they made feetie PJs for us too@

Vicki said...

I love the swimming pictures. I bet she LOVED the water since she loves the bath! She is growing up SOOO FAST!!!

Dr. Cheryl Ward said...

Nana and Grandpa loved these swimming pictures...we are in Orlando at the pool thinking about how much fun Maya would have here and looking at all the little kids in their cute suits. Maya wins the prize in her polka dots! We miss you all and hope we can all be in Florida together next time!

Anonymous said...

Hey... end of January may be rough for me. I go back to work on the 26th but let's still try.

I keep coming back to your site to check out Maya's swimming pictures, they make me smile every time!