Today Maya is 10 MONTHS OLD! She is so big and changing so much everyday. I need to get some gates because she really is starting to want to explore more and more around the house. Before she was limited to just crawling in certain areas but now she wants to look at everything! She is pulling up on everything effortlessly. Yesterday we went to the park and played on the swings. She loved the swings, but even more than that, she liked talking to the other kids next to her on the swings. She definitely starts to copy other kids, mostly responding to when they talk with an "UH!" Its too cute! She also loved sitting on the ground and playing with the mulch. She wanted to eat it (what a surprise).
I have finally captured Maya's "OH" face on film! She says 'oh' a lot these days. One funny thing she has started to do is throw her sippy cup off the side of the highchair and look at me with this face, saying "OH"... I guess like 'uh-oh?' She also makes this face when we tell her no.
Last night we had dinner together and put her in her highchair with this biscuit. Wow. She went straight to the bath!
Other new things:
#1. 10 month milestone- waving! She has started waving. We show her waving a lot when we say hello and goodbye. This morning she waved at her baby einstein video when it was over. So we think she is really doing it now and understands.
#2. First word? This weekend when Nana and Grandpa were here, Bryan woke up from sleeping and came downstairs. As soon as he came in the room, Maya started saying "DADADADA" and looking at him. She said it a number of times. So we think its her official first word!
#3. LOVES books and balls. She would sometimes rather play with books than with her toys.



2 comments:
I love the "oh" face! That is priceless, and its so good to see she is feeling better :)
Happy 10 month birthday sweet Maya! Love, Pax
Maya, you are such a beautiful girl who seems like so much fun to be around. I want to meet you! I love the faces you make and I'm sure make make mommy and daddy very proud. Love, Nicole & Sanjay
Post a Comment