"Free (three), Two, One, Bwast OFF!" over and over and over again. We blasted off many times.
"Mommy, I'm awake! I have so much energy!" when she woke up on friday morning!
"Chill out Cwaire!" Today she said this many times, with her mad face and in a grouchy voice. I think modeled by Daddy possibly. He says chill out constantly to them.
Also we are getting her a fish... Bryan set up the tank today and she keeps telling me the fish will be named "Dorfey" (Dorothy is Elmo's fish's name) or "Nemo"
Maya POOPED in her little potty! She actually enjoyed sitting on the seat and she read a book during the pooping time. She mostly pooped in her diaper, but I took her up there to try to poop in her potty. She sat on it for awhile, then one tiny little rabbit turd came out! We made a big deal about it. Then she smeared poop all over her leg and her butt by accident and I think it got on her hand so I just put her straight into the tub. When she saw the poop she said "Awwww, its a baby poop Mommy! Its so cute! Hi baby poop!" Imagine her saying this bending down with her hands on her knees looking at it like its the cutest baby bunny she's ever seen. Oh goodness, this girl is hilarious!
Claire was quite the walker and eater today. She seems to be wanting more solid foods, so I bought her some gerber wagon wheels, mum mum rice cakes, puffs and some arrowroot cookies. She loves to eat fruit in her mesh feeder, and she also loves to eat ice cubes in it, it makes her teeth feel better! She loves pears and carrots, green beans and rice cereal. She loved chowing down on the wagon wheels while she watched me make dinner in her highchair! Also another milestone today she was saying "Mamamama" A LOT. I think its her first word, she definitely associates it with me when she wants to get out of her highchair or jumperoo she says "Mmmmmm" and sometimes like today "Mamamamamamama!" Maya is doing a great job with her little sis lately. The girls like to jump on the bed together holding hands. Claire especially loves this because she LOVES to bounce on any surface! Maya seems genuinely interested in helping to take care of her, getting diapers and wiping her bum sometimes. Today Maya sat in a rocking chair and rocked her baby and fed it a bottle, wiping its face off (it was a leftover bottle from Claire).
I have so much fun with my girls. I guess I always thought I would love being a mom. At first its pretty overwhelming and its hard getting used to never being able to do anything for yourself, but I look forward to every day and every minute with them!



1 comment:
Alis...you do such a great job of keeping us updated on our wonderful girls! I better get shopping for food for Claire!!
Post a Comment