We had so much fun last weekend with Auntie Erin, Uncle John and Will. Michelle and Jeff also came over to watch the football game with us on sunday!
Saturday I took Maya and Claire to their friend Andrew's birthday party. There were a ton of other kiddos there and I think they both had a blast. Maya liked playing with all of Andrew's toys and was pretty independent about going down into the basement all by herself to play with the other kids. I tried to go down with her most of the time. But once she came upstairs and said in the saddest voice "Mommy, Mommy, a widdle gal was STARING at me down there!!! Come with me!" I can just see her down there pointing her finger at one of Andrew's older cousins saying "Don't stare at me girl!!!!" She is so sassy. Maya and Claire both sort of missed their naps and we were all out of whack the rest of the day.
Sunday morning Maya woke up totally wheezing and we did probably 4 breathing treatments that day and I added back in her steroid because she really seemed to be labored. Sunday was so fun! I almost cried so hard I was so happy to have people in our house and to be cooking for a big family again. It was Uncle John's birthday so I got him a cake and everyone got him cards and we sang Happy Birthday. It was so wonderful!
Monday morning Maya woke up wheezing very badly, the worst we have ever heard. After 2 breathing treatments I was worried she wasn't responding at all. So I kept her out of school and took her to the pediatricians office where they took her sats and gave her another breathing treatment. Her sats were not low enough to hospitalize her and they went back up after the breathing treatment. She still sounded bad but the dr said she is moving air in her lungs. After she got up from her nap she sounded worse at around 4pm. I was on 1st call but didn't have to go into work yet but to make matters worse, Bryan got forced into staying at work until 7pm. Luckily we had 3 adults at home. After another breathing treatment and her being basically inconsolable and crying for an hour, grunting and retracting her stomach and ASKING for a breathing treatment we decided to take her to the emergency room. Auntie Erin fed baby Will and put him to bed, Claire stayed with Uncle John while Auntie Erin and I took Maya to the ER in case I had to go into work Erin would still be able to stay with her. Bryan met us at the ER when he got off work. They took Maya right back to triage after they took her sats initially at 90%. Anything under 90% I think is low enough to actually admit us into the hospital for a night. So the respiratory therapist gave Maya 3 breathing treatments in a row and an oral steroid. Her heart rate was so fast it was scaring me... it was in the 190s after her breathing treatments. Poor thing, she was working so hard to breathe. Her sats got a lot better, 100% with the breathing treatments and 100% oxygen to breathe. They let us go and we got home around 10:30pm, crisis averted but the steroids are hyping up Maya so much she hasn't been able to go to sleep until like 10-11pm since we got back from the hospital. Last night she went down at 9pm but didn't actually get to sleep until 11pm. Poor thing.
I feel so lucky that Erin and John were able to be there for us to lean on... thanks guys!!!! Uncle John did such a great job with Claire... he finished feeding her and put her to sleep and even cleaned up dinner and our kitchen for us! What a great guy!
Now Claire has caught Maya's cold so we are all under the weather again. I'm looking forward to the cold weather eventually breaking so that we aren't getting colds constantly. How nice it will be to walk outside again in the spring and go to the zoo and let these little monkeys out in the backyard to play!



No comments:
Post a Comment