Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

8.27.2011

Tales of Potty Training

 Our kids love tv.  For a few weeks, Claire has been totally obsessed with Baby Einstein Baby McDonald DVD.  The first thing she asks for when I get her out of her crib is "EIO?"
 Playdate with Mina and Maylee, we made everyone crowns!
 Claire and her Pop Pop.
 Fancy dinner to celebrate our 2nd anniversary!
 So happy after 2 yrs of marrige (and almost 3 kids)!
 27 weeks pregnant!
 Visit with Nanny Nelson and Gammie

 Claire playing ball with us, we kept telling her to put her hands up.  She loved it so much!
 So proud on her little potty!  She pooped on it for the first time friday.  This morning I heard her grunting and had her sit on the potty immediately.  Then when she didn't go, I brought it into the playroom and got her all naked so it would be easier to just sit and go.  I saw her go into the dining room to hide and said "Claire come here and sit on your potty to poop!" She ran out and went in the potty!  She was so proud and Maya and I both cheered her on!
Here she is with her poo poo this morning!

As the morning went on, we went outside to play so I put a diaper and her clothes back on her.  She started again grunting so Maya and I took her inside to sit on the potty and there was a little poop in her diaper.  She didn't go, so I left her diaper off and took the potty out with us.  I walked into the garage door in the back of the garage for a mere 3 seconds to get a broom.  By the time I came out she said "Mommy, poo poo!" So I took her over and sat her on the potty.  She didn't go, but I smelled it.  Oh crap.  It was on her shoe and I could see some poop on her bum.  I started looking around on the patio and found a huge turd in the mulch of our tree out there.  Plus there was some poop on the patio.  In the short time I was gone she apparently got the privacy she needed to go.  LOL! I just love Claire so much.  Today she was hopping like a kangaroo and she is so fast and like Daddy says, she is just a tornado of arms and legs going around when she starts running.  Maya was a bit more challenging today.  She refused to take a nap, by sitting in the middle of her bed and crossing her arms with a big mean look on her face directed towards me.  And then when she doesn't have her nap she is so not delightful for the rest of the day.  She just cries and cries over nothing and we try to reason with her but nothing works.  It scares me for her going to school because in 2 wks she is going to be missing her nap 4 days a week.  It may turn out to be too much for her.  Lately she is like Cybil.  She can be the sweetest most caring girl one minute and the next minute she is a screaming hot mess.  We went to Taste of Blue Ash tonight and Maya was so excited to ride a few of the rides, she had a great time.  Unfortunately Claire was too small for all of them so I had to take her to get some Hawaiian shaved ice instead.  As we were leaving both kids were throwing a fit and crying, we were only there for an hour (I sort of figured that anyway) and this woman looked at me and said "Wow you have a third on the way too, poor thing"  Lol.

In all honesty though, I'm really starting to freak out about how I'm going to manage 3 kids.  I have a confession to make, I feel like I can barely manage the 2 of them together.  I'm quite scared about adding a 3rd to the mix.

No comments: