Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

9.05.2009

Our kid's new BFF... dirt!


Here is a video of what Maya does best lately. At the playground and at home lately she has discovered that playing in dirt is fun and she really gets into it!The other night I was making lasagna for dinner and I needed 15 minutes in the kitchen. So luckily, Yo Gabba Gabba was on. She loves that show and will just sit still for awhile. So I made the lasagna and just walked in and out to the living room to make sure she wasn't getting into any trouble. When I was done, I went out into the room and I found this... (pictured below).... yes Maya sat there by herself and stacked all these blocks up on the shape sorter!!!!! I was so amazed I had to take pictures! Language development: Favorite words lately are "kick" since she loves to kick everything, "pabo-abo" (polar bear and panda bear), two, tries to say "all done" when doing the sign, "NO!" (when we are going to make her stop doing something she wants to), "bye-a" "bye-o", "ni-nite", "hi" (to everyone!), "apple" over and over for anything that is round... watermelons, blueberries, acorns, you name it, it is "apple" to Maya, "poop" with sign, "pee-pee" with sign, "shows" for her cartoons or baby einstein, "wa-ya" water with sign, "tees" tree with sign, "YAOW" (meow) with cat sign, "hi-oh" (uhoh, I think), "dooce" (juice), "ta-ta" we will say to "ta-ta" to give us something she isn't allowed to have and she happily says "ta-ta" and give it to us. She really understands that pacis are only for bedtime because every morning we say ni-nite to the pacis and she helps by throwing them back into her crib. And then she says "Bye-o!" She LOVES pretending to do ni-nite. Bryan has been on 3rd shift and every morning he will come home, get Maya out of bed and bring her into our bed for some cuddle time to watch Blues Clues. Then we get up and Daddy goes to sleep and I tell Maya that we have to be quiet because Daddy is sleeping. She also likes laying on the rug on the kitchen floor with her baby and pretending to snore like she is asleep. She also says "Be-be" and hugs and kisses her babies. She will be a great big sis soon. She also says "nan-o" for rhino. She would say it when we get to the zoo because there are big metal rhinos at the entrance and I would point them out to her. But just the other day she picked up a wooden figure of a rhino and gave it to me and said "nan-o" so she really does know what it is! I may have mentioned it before, but Maya also knows signs for please and thank you. She can say "Peese" or "Meese" when she needs help with something. And the other day at the playground another little girl picked up her watering can for her and I said "Maya say thank you" and she made the sign to the little girl!!!!!!!!! I was so proud!

We are in 2 classes right now: The Next Step (toddler exploration) and Jammin in our Jammies (music class before bed on thursday nights). She loves both classes. In Next Step there is a little boy named Fletcher who absolutely loves Maya and will grab handfuls of her hair and clothes to hug her. We play with play-doh, and they create obstacle courses for the kids to develop motor skills. We do Jammin with one of our best friends, Mina, and we sing songs with Miss Joanie and her guitar, beat on drums, shake music shakers, and basically Maya walks around constantly trying to get into Miss Joanie's bag!


Maya is doing such a better job of eating lately and I think its because Mommy and Daddy are really beginning to try new things and understanding what she likes. We have been doing a lot of veggies lately and she really seems to like them now that Mommy can prepare them better for her. She loves corn, broccoli, sometimes carrots, and she loves to hold whole fresh green beans and nibble on them. One thing we have found is that she likes WHOLE foods, she doesn't like so much when we cut stuff up for her to eat. So I actually give her 1/4 of a banana in the morning and she usually eats it all, but she wants to be able to hold a big one! She loves mandarin oranges too, chicken, ham, turkey, of course cheese, apples (whole with the skin cut off), and avocado! I'm so proud of the fact that she is eating so well lately.

We have also done something big lately. After her 15 month appt 2 weeks ago, we decided to do away with Maya's bottles! This is something I was worried about because we knew we were going to have to take it away but didn't want to do it too close to when the new baby comes! She has done so well with this and we haven't had any bad days or nights. We do still give her a sippy cup (less liquid than bottle) when we put her down for bed. She is such a good sleeper these days now after the bottle is gone!!!! She is truly sleeping 12 hrs at night now and it is so nice for us not to have to get up at 5am anymore to get her the bottle! She goes down around 8pm and wakes up 7:30-8am. When she gets up she is one starving little girl though! At her 15 month appt she was 30 1/2 inches and 28 lbs. She is still well above the 90th percentile for height and weight. This is part of our decision to stop with the bottles. She truly doesn't need the nutrition anymore and is doing so well with just eating foods and drinking from her sippy cup.

She is on the verge of getting in her first molars on the bottom and it looks very painful. She has been putting her hands in her mouth a lot lately and drooling, so we can tell there is stuff going on with the teething.

I am doing really well. I think I need to be exercising and stretching alot more since I have been having what I think is pretty bad sciatic pain in my lower back and butt areas, not to mention my feet hurt and feel bruised. And I'm starting to waddle already! I just feel sore and bruised everywhere, and I'm only halfway through this pregnancy! I really want to try to turn things around. I've decided to start the water aerobics class again now that Bryan is back on 1st shift! And I'm trying to walk down the walking path every morning with Maya. We have made it our little routine when I am off to go on a walk around 8-9am every morning. I'm definitely feeling the toll on my body a lot more with this pregnancy because I don't have as much time for myself. But baby-C is healthy and kicking up a storm all the time.

Thats all for now!

No comments: