The last couple days have been rainy, with no relief from the heat. Its like a sauna out there. Yesterday we went to Recreation Outlet to play on the swings. Maya is becoming quite a drama queen and throwing a lot of tantrums lately.... that I need to learn better how to manage and prevent. Maya has started eating eggs, which I have been trying to get her to eat for a year. She really sort of likes them now and will eat them with her own fork! She still loves turkey bacon and eats it every morning! Claire loves her rice cereal. This morning is only the 2nd time she has eaten it but she really enjoys something new and I imagine she loves being included in the family breakfast table! Maya and Claire are interacting so much lately. I think Maya likes the fact that she can scream or "talk" to Claire and Claire will immediately smile and laugh at her. Claire is an extremely hard baby to hold. She arches her back and will not "bend" her tummy. She wants to stand up or lay on her tummy all the time. She is so active, always flapping her arms and reaching out to get stuff. She can crawl just about anywhere now... still not up on her knees but can pull herself out into the hallway from Maya's room and across the living room floor! We have to watch her extra close. She is always falling over sideways with that big noggin of hers and bumping her head on the floor. This is the time when carpet would have been a good thing! Lately the past couple days Maya is very into pee pee and poopoo. She talks about it all the time. I've noticed for awhile she says "Belly hurt" and after she says that she farts/poops. Every animal she sees she says that it pee pees or poo poos. Yesterday "Cow pee pee poo poo".... maybe I should get her that "Everybody Poops" book. We try to sit on the potty a lot but no luck with peeing or pooing in it. I think she is getting close though. She just doesn't really care when she soils herself. Pediatrician said when they get uncomfortable and tell you they pooped they are ready. We ask her "maya did you poop?" "NO!" Also last night she said "Go ni-nite in big bed!" I said "You are going to go ni nite in your crib" she said "No big bed! Mommy daddy bed!".... I wonder if she is ready to be done with the crib soon too? We'll see!
6.13.2010
Hot and Humid!
The last couple days have been rainy, with no relief from the heat. Its like a sauna out there. Yesterday we went to Recreation Outlet to play on the swings. Maya is becoming quite a drama queen and throwing a lot of tantrums lately.... that I need to learn better how to manage and prevent. Maya has started eating eggs, which I have been trying to get her to eat for a year. She really sort of likes them now and will eat them with her own fork! She still loves turkey bacon and eats it every morning! Claire loves her rice cereal. This morning is only the 2nd time she has eaten it but she really enjoys something new and I imagine she loves being included in the family breakfast table! Maya and Claire are interacting so much lately. I think Maya likes the fact that she can scream or "talk" to Claire and Claire will immediately smile and laugh at her. Claire is an extremely hard baby to hold. She arches her back and will not "bend" her tummy. She wants to stand up or lay on her tummy all the time. She is so active, always flapping her arms and reaching out to get stuff. She can crawl just about anywhere now... still not up on her knees but can pull herself out into the hallway from Maya's room and across the living room floor! We have to watch her extra close. She is always falling over sideways with that big noggin of hers and bumping her head on the floor. This is the time when carpet would have been a good thing! Lately the past couple days Maya is very into pee pee and poopoo. She talks about it all the time. I've noticed for awhile she says "Belly hurt" and after she says that she farts/poops. Every animal she sees she says that it pee pees or poo poos. Yesterday "Cow pee pee poo poo".... maybe I should get her that "Everybody Poops" book. We try to sit on the potty a lot but no luck with peeing or pooing in it. I think she is getting close though. She just doesn't really care when she soils herself. Pediatrician said when they get uncomfortable and tell you they pooped they are ready. We ask her "maya did you poop?" "NO!" Also last night she said "Go ni-nite in big bed!" I said "You are going to go ni nite in your crib" she said "No big bed! Mommy daddy bed!".... I wonder if she is ready to be done with the crib soon too? We'll see!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment