Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

6.04.2011

The Pool!

Claire decided it would be fun to sit in her chair, holding her corn in her teeth. She likes to do this sort of stuff when she pretends to be a dog. We laughed so hard and then Maya had to do it too!




I joined the Trihealth pavilion a couple months ago since I get such a great discount and I joined the girls for the summer since we needed a pool to go to. It is perfect! I have taken the girls there probably 4 times now and a few times by myself. The pool is sloped in the shallow end so it is perfect for them to be able to walk down into the water. I have to really watch Claire as she has no fear and will walk all the way down to her neck in the water and doesn't even look to make sure I'm there. She has also fallen face first in the water a bunch of times and I have to swoop in to save her. I have been really impressed how Claire has taken to the water after swim lessons this winter weren't her favorite. She automatically kicks her legs like a little mermaid when I put her on her belly to swim. She also loves to jump in the water again, with no fear! We met a little girl named Krista at the pool and I said "Claire, say hi Krista!" and Claire said "Hi, Kizza!" It was so clear and I'm so proud of her speech development, she is so interested in communicating and saying words. I'm hoping it keeps up so that she doesn't continue to get frustrated and cry when we can't understand what she wants :( It makes me sad when this happens!
Maya wears goggles and brings her beach ball. As soon as we started talking about the pool, she started telling me how she is going to wear her goggles and go underwater and hold her breath. We practiced a lot and she amazed me by actually doing it numerous times the first day we went! Yay Maya! She loves talking to the people there, looking for big girls to play with and she loves all people period. She loves to go to the lifeguard (since they have to sit there) and I heard her telling the lifeguard how to hold her breath underwater... "ok watch, you hold your breath then you blow bubbles really hard underwater, ok watch me do it!" and I look over at the lifeguard and she is totally cracking up. Then she hand the lifeguard her beach ball to hold, gets out of the water, grabs her beach ball then sits down on the side and gets back into the water. She makes the lifeguard do this like 3 times for her. Its a very manageable pool area for one parent to watch their kids and I can even take both girls in the deep end with me to swim. I think I'm going to get Maya some water wings to swim in the deep end.

No comments: