

I'm posting today to tell everyone what a big girl Maya is! Yesterday we had a BIG day. We took Maya to the outlet malls in Jeffersonville and went to visit the Bissonnettes to celebrate Maya's 7 wk birthday! It was an absolutely gorgeous day and not too hot, so it was perfect to walk around the outlets. We bought Maya a few things because a girl can never have too many clothes (that will actually fit her)! We also managed to find a hat that fits her head... she has a very small head for some reason... although you can't really tell. Maya was so good in the car and she slept the whole way there. She was hungry when we got there so Daddy gave her a bottle. She slept most of the time while we shopped. When we got to Columbus, she was wide awake and ready to spend time with her cousins!

Here she is with Cole. He was so good with her. He was very calm and gentle and just sort of looked at her and talked to her quietly. I think for that reason, she was totally fascinated by him. After dinner we all got ready and took the football down to the park. Bryan, Caroline, Cole, Carter and I played football while Aunt Sue and Steven wheeled Maya around the park.

Here are Bryan and Caroline fooling around on the couch. She loved him!!! I loved watching Bryan play football with Caroline alone after we had all dropped out! It makes me think of what a great dad he is and all the great times that will come with Maya as she grows.
New things:
1. Pulling up! Aunt Sue spent a lot of time with Maya sitting on her lap facing eachother. She helped Maya pull up. When you grab her hands she wants to pull her head and body up already! She has a really strong neck and back! Now I see she can do it, we will be spending some time working on that as well.
2. Sleeping even longer. Last 2 nights were 7 and 8 nights. Last night she fell asleep in the car on the way home at about 10pm and she slept until 6am!!!!! I pumped before I went to bed thank goodness! Daddy put her to sleep and she didn't even wake up going from carseat to bed.
3. Gained a pound. According to my scale she is now 14 lbs! Daddy's new nickname for her is "Chubs" and he is constantly walking around the house saying "Chubby baby alert!"
2 comments:
What a great update! She is too cute and you two are doing great at the parenting game. I am very proud of you.
Looks like a wonderful day with the Bissonnettes....I am so glad they are close. Maya will get to know her cousins really well..I love how she is looking at Cole and Carter is just the proud holder...who knew that little guy would slow down enough to hold a baby! Carolina is all about flirting with the new guy huh??
Maya is such a good girl for you, sleeping so much and traveling. We are so lucky to have such a beautiful little girl. I can't believe she is going to be 2 months old!
Post a Comment